- About ALEH
- The ALEH Family
- Professional Forum
- International Activity
- How You Can Help
- ALEH Boutique
- Contact Us
Located on the outskirts of Tel Aviv, ALEH Bnei Brak offers a warm rehabilitative environment to over 250 children with severe disabilities.
At a Glance:
- 250+ children
- Infants-21 years old
- 300+ staff members
- 100 volunteers
- On-site Hydrotherapy Pool
- Integrated Special Education School
- Nursery and Early Childhood program
- Child Development Outpatient Center
- Assistive Devices Workshop
- Vocational Workshop Program
– The Beit Yahalom residential facility is ALEH’s flagship building. Today, it provides a warm, home-like environment for over 90 severely disabled children while caring for all of their complex medical, rehabilitative, social and educational needs. After school, the children participate in stimulating extra-curricular activities that combine therapeutic treatment with fun activities, including horseback riding, beauty care, and integrative social events with children in the community. The facility includes living quarters, an advanced medical clinic, vocational workshops, a special education school, and a hydrotherapy pool.
– The Yad LeTaf Nursery & Kindergarten is specially equipped for 90+ infants and toddlers with a wide range of developmental delays and disabilities. The nursery’s intensive early intervention program works to discover each child’s abilities and develop them to the fullest. The end goal is to help the children mainstream into regular learning environments.
– The Child Development Center provides important emotional therapies on an outpatient basis to children from the community, including music and art therapy and hydrotherapy.
– The Assistive Devices Workshop adapts and customizes each child’s equipment, according to the specifications of ALEH’s occupational therapy and physiotherapy staff.
– The Rehabilitative Assistants Training Program provides professional training to its caregivers to ensure the highest quality of life possible for ALEH’s children.
ALEH Center for Advancement, Rehabilitation and Education of Special Needs Children
ALEH C.A.R.E.S., an independent medical rehabilitative educational center currently under construction, will offer children with severe disabilities the opportunity to travel to school just like their nondisabled peers. In addition, it will enable the integration of children with milder disabilities from the community at large, as well as provide a much-needed solution for hundreds of children throughout the Gush Dan area requiring special education. All the children of the region will benefit from ALEH’s highly professional, experienced staff.
At present, there is no comprehensive medical rehabilitative center in the entire area. Throughout the years, children with disabilities have been forced to travel many hours to receive the care they need, or otherwise forgo the growth and development an intensive rehabilitative program would give them. ALEH C.A.R.E.S. will address the needs of this segment of the population with an outstanding therapeutic program.
The new school campus will be located in Pardes Katz, a 10-minute drive from Tel Aviv. It will have the capacity to serve some 250 children, with special education classes ranging from kindergarten through high school. It will also include an Olympic-sized pool to provide daily hydrotherapy treatments.
The school campus will include two floors with 34 classrooms, kindergartens and therapy rooms.
Therapy rooms will offer occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy, rehabilitative technology therapy, animal therapy, and music and art therapy. A Snoezelen Room will offer controlled sensory stimulation. The basement level will house both a pool and an assistive-devices workshop for the development of specialized equipment. The roof will be converted into a spacious outdoor playground.
An early childhood wing will offer an intensive early intervention program, with the goal of helping children mainstream into regular educational frameworks. Staff members will include special education teachers licensed by Israel’s Ministry of Education, qualified therapists and nurses.
The scope of this planned rehabilitative special education complex – including quality education, rehabilitation, medical care and hydrotherapy for over 200 children with various disabilities all under one roof – will render it unique in Israel and throughout the world.
- Comprehensive framework will offer therapy, rehabilitation, education and medical care in one place.
- Huge complex has been designed to serve 200+ children.
- Integration of children with varying degrees of disabilities and developmental delays will lead to mainstreaming whenever possible.
- Extended Early Intervention Program will accommodate children who require an additional year of early intervention before entering school.
Dedication Opportunities are available in a wide range of options. Join us in this major development project today!
For more information or to arrange a visit, contact us.